Tuesday 12 February 2013

Valentine's Day: Girls Night In!

 Hello my little love birds^^, 
I decided to make this post Valentine's Day inspired because it's right around the corner and well... not everyone's going out on a glamorous date so single ladies put your hands up!

Not only was this post inspired by the obvious Valentine's Day but it was also inspired by one of my favorite beauty Gurus on Youtube, NikkiPhillippi's Valentine Girl's Night In video(Click here to watch her spin on this!) 


If I was spending my Valentine's day at home(which I'm not... I'm spending it with my friends, don't get your hopes up, people!), this is how I'd spend it:



1. An at home spa! - What I mean by an at 'home spa' is pampering yourself with facials, hair masks, scrubs, etc... 

Facials: 
You can either buy your own or just make it at home!

Here's my favorite store-bought facial mask: 

Retails for 11 Pounds(6-7 BD) at Boots(click here to purchase)

No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask by Soap & Glory:


So if you watched my haul, you'd know I recently got this & so far, it's amazing. I tried it out on my mum, sister and of course myself and both my mum & sister loved it as well! 


This face mask is suitable for all skin types, and works especially for de-clogging pores, blackheads and deep cleaning  and ideal for greasy, blackhead prone and makeup-wearing skin..so if you love wearing makeup like moi, this will work for you!





Homemade: 

If you don't wanna splurge on a store-bought face mask then of course you can make your own with things you have around your house!
You can find 9 recipes suitable for all skin tones HERE!

Hair masks: 

My favorite hair mask remedy is to either apply conditioner all over my hair from the ears down and letting it sit in a bun for around 20 minutes then rinsing it off! & if you have some split ends from time to time like me, heat up some olive oil and then apply it to your ends(and ONLY your ends unless you want extremely greasy hair..) for 15-20 mins! 
(you can find more hair mask recipes suitable for your hair type here)


Facial & body scrubs:

My favorite facial scrubs: 
Retails for 8 pounds(4 BD) at Boots(click here to purchase)

Scrub Your Nose In It by Soap & Glory:

I also purchased this recently(mentioned in my latest haul) and it's ideal for blackheads and large pores so if you suffer from any of them, you'll love this product!











Retails for 7 dollars(4 BD) at any drugstore(click here to purchase)


Body scrubs: 
Here are many easy & basic body scrubs to choose from!


2. Movies & TV Shows!

Movies:
Watch your favorite chick flicks or romantic comedies!
My favorites are of course, Valentine's Day, Friends
With Benefits, The Notebook, The Vow, The Killers
& plentlyyy more. 

TV Shows:
I LOVELOVELOVE TV shows and I highly recommend
watching Gossip Girl, PLL, 90210, Carrie Diaries, 
Sex & The City if you enjoy girly series.


Random essentials!:
1. Chocolate Covered Strawberries!










I know this is random but I LOVE chocolate & strawberries so
mixing them both is a match made in heaven. 
Click here for a recipe.

2. A cuddle buddy!
So you can either invite your bestie over or buy a 
teddy bear or fluffy blanket to accompany you
this Valentine!




& that's it for this long post! 
I hope you enjoyed & you got some tips and tricks to 
beat the loneliness this V-Day!
Have fun xoxo

Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub by Neutrogena:

I've been using this scrub for a while now and I love it! It's simple and doesn't irritate your skin, no matter what skin type(so it's fortunately suitable for all skin types, yay!) 


This scrub deep cleans and exfoliates and leaves your skin fresh and exhilarated.


Highly re
commend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment